Saturday, May 19, 2007

My Snog

Today at Heather's house I see Abby. I see Stormy and Dapper. When I picked up Abby I was sadly reminded that I won't ever be picking up my Snog ever again. I will never sing "It Had to Be You, Simon, It Had to Be You" or "For You and I Have A Guardian Angel on High with nothing to do, but to care for me and to care for you, Love Forever True" while I am dancing with Simon over my shoulder. And his curly tummy fur and his "raah-raaow". It makes me sad to lose my little friend. I guess I could have seen more of him in the last year or so, but I also knew him well for many years. Curled at the bottom of my bed, or eating his own fur off, in my apartment in downtown Sacramento, with Chris, and when I lived alone in the green and gold studio on L Street. He was always so happy to see me. He needed a lot of attention, and that was quite endearing. My Snog. In kitty heaven, I hope, to see me again one day.

1 comment:

Joseph Beatty said...

addie i too miss simon oh so much, him and i were the best of friends for quite some time when i lived at dads house. we used to hang out on the front porch cement step thing and just look around and be homies. i miss him so. so sweet and the way he'd constantly rub his nose ferociously sweet into whatever human limb was closest. we'll see the sweet one again.
love joey