Thursday, July 2, 2009

Easter 1992

Here is a segment from a 1992 video I put on the computer here recently. It starts with an Easter trip we took that year to San Francisco. Joey is cute as usual in the beginning, scooting down stairs on his fanny. Then I scare Susan (she'll probably be mad at me for showing it) as we cruz down one of the streets in SF and then a short clip of our good buddy back then, Chuckie. He was an active little guy and had lots to say, didn't he.


On that same video, I ran into a production that was done at the church; I think it was up here at the Placerville building (I guess it had to be since it was in 1992) Matt and Mikie were both in it and so was I. Matt and Mikie were dancers in the play and I was one of the adults acting out something about a blue haired king or something. I think back and my role was kind of dorky, but the boys did a good job of dancing. If I get a chance, I will take a small portion from it, especially where the boys are dancing.


On another portion from this video is about a 7 minutes, mostly of that Easter Sunday but starting with a scene with Joey and I think it is taken in Fresno at the Tuckers, but I’m not sure. Then on to Easter Sun. 1992 and the Easter basket hunt that ends (as is usually the case) with Mikie looking for his basket, finding it and really upset because he is given too many clues. But all ends OK as Joey shows his love for his big brother (well you’ll see).
It ends with the start of our loaded Van and our trip to SF (with by the way, Adies friend Christie who is visiting us, sharing our Easter tradition activities)


And just to draw these videos out even more, I’ve included a segment that starts with Susan walking in SF with Matt and Joey hand in hand and then some video of all of us at a wishing well type of large fountain. Mikie tosses his coin then Joey thinks of his wish and tosses his coin. Matt is doing his own thing, exploring here and there as he is known to do; probably looking for hieroglyphics on the brick of the Ghirardelli stores. Includes the whole family along with Christa.

4 comments:

Mikie Beatty said...

I can't believe you got the Elixer Fixers on there!! Oh my gosh dad, I have weird dreams thanks to that crazy play we ALL did back in like 1992. I must say, I'm rather impressed with my own dancing abilities (purple suit). But all respect is lost when seeing me break down in the following video because mom told me where the easter basket was. wow these are some priceless gems

Mikie Beatty said...

dude I could watch this elixer fixer business every day of my life. wow

AdieSpringB said...

dad- i had to rewind twice to make sure that was YOU!!! You are a damn good actor!!! Serious!

Everything else, ugshhhs, gloriously awesome 16 year old hood too-cool-for-everythingness.....and mikie's basket breakdown, joey's playing in the room, mom's pointing to the next part of Ghiradelli Square to head towards....it all makes me wonder. WHAT THE H? What kind of an oddball family are we? So animated, so dorky, and then all in all, we turned out so awesome???! Who could have predicted the Beatty virus would spread like a beautiful thunderstorm.....sorry every other family, I love us the most.

moonshinejunkyard said...

i don't know why i've not commented on these. they are so impossibly embarrassing and wondrous. aaahhhh, the teenage years. such a joy to behold. i sure hope i still flip my goth hair like that, and please tell me i am still that cool. anyway mikie is pretty cute how he cries but allows himself to be comforted pretty quickly. not much has changed??? dad, thanks for putting these up. keep em coming! you told me about some more and i can't wait to see them!!!