Wednesday, April 8, 2009

An Unexpected Package!

Well! What seemed like an ordinary rainy Wednesday around here turned into quite a bright and fantastic surprise!! Joey and I were sitting on our couch watching a scary movie, when suddenly Darin knocked on our door asking us if we wanted our mail. We said yes, expecting him to toss a few envelopes onto our table. TO OUR BLISSFUL SURPRISE THERE WAS A PACKAGE THE SIZE OF CLEO BEING PRESENTED TO US (okay, thats a little mean to Cleo..maybe the size of four Cleos.)

MATT AND AMY AND BELLA AND JAROM AND OEY!!! YOU ALL ARE TOOOOOOO PRECIOUS AND KIND!!!
For those of you who dont know, we received some DELICIOUS vegan muffins (with recipe included) and I got a GLORIOUS SWEET BIRTHDAY CARD FROM BELLE (which is on the fridge already) and AN AMAZING OSPREY BACKPACK!!! Thats right, people. AN OSPREY BACKPACK!!

I cant believe you guys. I am speechless. You are too much and I am so lucky to know each and every one of you.



Joey is now completely dissatisfied with his old backpack...


Abby, too, is dissatisfied to say the least, since I tossed her into the box, thinking she'd have fun (silly me).



After we tried it on over and over, Joey just had to fill it up with every single piece of camping equipment he has ever owned.


And then we tried it on again...

and again..

and again...







And then OF COURSE! We had to break out the maps and go on virtual hikes.


THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! We cant wait to go on all kinds of hikes with you all this summer! If this isnt inspiration, I dont know WHAT IS!

I love you guys and miss you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

I'm so glad you guys got it so fast! Matt was way worried that I left the tag on. I really didn't even think about it. But again, it is for you and Joey- so if Joey wants to pack it full I would have that boy carry it. It's a big bag. It's the same one Matt has and loves! We love you guys! We went to the craft store to find something to mail the muffins in and Bella came to me with that card for you. I thought it was pretty cute and let her get it. She loves you SOOO much! We all do. You and Joey are so perfect for each other and I love how you bring out each others loves and passions in this beautiful world. I'm am so pleased Joey has brought you into our fold!! Love you guys xoxo

Amy Beatty said...

Man, I've got to send more packages - those pictures are great!!

Hoodoo Voodoo said...

P.S. Zack came over earlier and saw Bella's card on the fridge and was ASTOUNDED BY HER DRAWINGS!! HE LITERALLY COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW WELL SHE DRAWS!

So, pass it on to the little princess. She is a beautiful artist and couldn't be sweeter.

heather said...

it's true. bella is such an amazing artist. we pored over every detail on the box too.the little decorative butterfly, the braids in the girl's hair (emily's?) and the face on the guy's shirt. so cute and perfect, also her use of color is amazing like the red birthday cake with candles. anyway that package caused quite a stir in our household here on darlington. so much fun!

Papa Dan said...

You guys are ready for greatness in backpacking/camping..Nor too many couples are so equal in love of nature. Very good blog with so much appreciation shown. Happy Birthday Emily.

Susan said...

What an awesome package! Wonderful joyous pictures of the birthday girl. Great gift, you'll have so much fun hiking and backpacking! Cute Joey too!

mattbeatty said...

Why'm I so far behind? Glad you got this. Awesome.