Wednesday, April 1, 2009

springtime festivities

Around here, we've been doing what we do best. Enjoying the weather and each other's company.

Today we started our garden! Wish us luck...we are attempting to grow cucumbers, lettuce, basil, squash, tomatoes, peppers, and maybe carrots.




Last night I went out with Rebecca and my school friends to Zelda's Pizza (we actually had a nice server! incredible!) and to this dancey club place called "Whiskey Wilds." We did not get very wild but we did play trivia and write a haiku about our friend Eric who got accepted into a PhD program at Purdue!


We've started a new Monday night tradition of Poker Night. Our biggest loser, Darin, became our big winner this Monday with $15. Everyone else except Martin and Nick have also had their turns at winning. Emily just might be our most expert player!


Mom and I met up with Nancy, Sherry and Colleen at Poor Red's for Scott Sowa's show on Sunday night. Addie and Art also came by before heading up to Tahoe for the night. He dedicated a John Denver song to the Beatty girls and we felt very special.




Darin fixed his bike.



Stan and Leslie relaxed in the sun. And played pennywhistles.


It has been way too lovely to get any work done.

Looks like I better hit the books!!!

7 comments:

Hoodoo Voodoo said...

yay!!! We will have to post blogs with updates on our garden, every time something sprouts :) Good work today, Heb. You worked the weed whacker and I hacked up the roots. Good thing we were able bodied enough to take care of it ourselves since Joey is a gimp right now. (poor guy) AND we had the help of our sweet banjeet bandini. couldnt have done it without him!

Hoodoo Voodoo said...

I need to correct my rude self...JOEY HELPED TOO!!!! He sewed most of the seeds and demonstrated how to use the weed whacker! very very good job my sweet joey. Im sorry about your poor knee.

Amy Beatty said...

I am so jealous, I'm turning GREEN! I'll just have to come enjoy the fruits of your labor of love! What happen to josey?

Susan said...

Hey guys, good job with the garden! I hope the deer leave it alone. How much fun you all have. I enjoyed going out with Heather to see Scott sing, he is so talented and handsome. All the ladies love him! I hate that picture of me with the girls though, big mouth as usual. Happy Spring everyone!

AdieSpringB said...

lovely! I need to put my seeds in the ground too....but then it's supposed to be really really cold next week again. Like possible snow again! But how I love seeing the little sprouts pop up! I want to see your pics when it happens!

Our family rules it. Mom, your pic is adorable!

mattbeatty said...

I love the photo update, the garden, the lovely perfectly magnificent weather, and all the activities. Oh, to be in California . . .

I want a garden.

Wait, what happened to Joey?

Hoodoo Voodoo said...

josey was climbing off of our roof and a tree branch jabbed him right in his flexed muscle above his knee cap. Its SOOO swollen and he is in a lot of pain still. Nothing too serious though, probably just a bruised muscle and/or bone. :( Poor guy. Luckily, for whatever reason, we happen to have crutches AND a wheel chair at our house.

??