Monday, April 6, 2009

General Conference via Matt, Amy and chillins

Had a great visit with Matt/Amy and youngsters. They are so accommodating and fun to be around. Daniel and I got there Thurs. evening about 9:30 I think and slept comfortably that night and Fri and Sat. (Daniel just Thur and Fri) Friday we met Matt at his workplace to go to lunch. The place is huge with desks and computers everywhere. Mostly young guys and ladies that I could see. Not bad for a company that is just 2 1/2 years old. We had lunch with Matt and then when he returned to work, we went to see the Dinasour museum that is nearby. Matt and Amy have a membership. It was so interesting. Happens to be the biggest museum of its kind in the USA I was told. Then after a dinner out we went to see Monsters versus Aliens 3-D movie. First 3-D movie I've seen since I was a kid. They were a real novelty back then, but now becoming a more popular movie-viewing venue (is that how to use that word?) Really a fun experience. Things came in and went out of the screen (seemingly). Saturday Matt, Daniel, and I went off to General Conference for the Sat. afternoon and Sat evening Priesthood sessions. We met Rich, Curt, Spencer and Jacob at the Conference Center. We had tickets ahead of time so seats in special sections were reserved. We all sat in 7 seats next to each other. The place is huge. The speakers looked like about the size of a fly from where we sat but there were also projected on large screens on the sidewalls. Each speaker covered current day subjects and were very comforting. (And lovingly presented, timely and valuable) I wish all of you could have been there to feel the genuine love and concern the Church leaders have for all people. All seriousness aside I came home to Ednison in great shape (thanks Joey and Emily and any others who looked over him) and seemingly glad to see me. Also the little gray/white cat has to be less than a week away from the birth of her kittens. I don’t know what to do. I guess she will find a place to have them, but it bothers me that she has to be alone and without and real comfortable place in that task. I wish there were a place that she could go and be safe and warm, etc for the arrival. Any suggestions?

Big boy Jarom and his Daddy


Ain't he handsome



Ain't she beautiful--her mommy just did her hair for the recital


We met Matt at his work to go to lunch (he is an important guy down there--but mostly to all of his family)



OK here's little miss 'the sweetest' showing the dance routine she learned with the other little ladies







And a group family picture afterwards



Oey is wearing his 3-D glasses he wore to the 3-D movie the night before (also carting around his sword everywhere)



A video game early Sat. morn


Here we are after the Sat. 2nd session conference (I think)


Eddy should be in here somewhere---He wants his picture taken too!!! This the little preg---notice her protruding sides (she's stuffed)




She is doing alot of this lately--eating.. She probably wonders why she is so famished all the time.













7 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

Papa, we miss you!!! Oey wants to know where you are all the time. It was so NEAT to have you come with Daniel. We don't see you guys enough. Thanks for posting all these fun pictures. I want one of her furry kittens!!!

heather said...

oh my gosh, pops...greatest blog ever!!!! you did such a good job posting little stories by the pictures. i don't know if you've ever done it that way before. anyway that video is just my favorite thing on earth. i am about to make darin come watch it. matt, amy, if you guys are reading this GREAT JOB on making the absolutely cutest little girl on the face of the earth. it makes my whole body shiver with joy to see her! and GREAT photos of jarom and oey too. what a fun trip you had, dad. i am so jealous. i think it is so adorable that you went with daniel and got to spend so much time with him...even if he is shy. i bet it meant a lot to him and he won't ever forget it. thanks for brightening up my morning and my day and my whole week!!! such JOY!

Hoodoo Voodoo said...

WHAT A FUN TRIP! YAY BELLA!! YOU ARE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL DANCER!! Joey and I want to go back there ASAP!
And danny, as for that sweet little miss, joey and I are going to come over and help you find her a nice place to be. Maybe in that shed? If thats alright with you, Joey and I could come by and check on her all the time and she could stay in there with her kittens while they nurse and then we will take her to get fixed once she has finished nursing her tiny ones. Is that okay? AND I AM TAKING ONE OF THOSE KITTIES! (Darin says no way in hell, but I just have to have one!!)
:)

Thanks for sharing bits of your fun trip with us! And yes, Eddy DID miss you VERY VERY MUCH! And so did we :)

heather said...

yeah, dad...we'll help you find homes for all the kittens. i am SO IN on helping care for that precious little mama cat. she reminds me of my cat Little Miss, and it breaks my heart. amy, you guys should really take one of the kittens! would you really want to?mom could bring it out to you when she comes and help the kids get used to it. or wait...oops.. that's way too early to take it away from its mama. but we could bring it to you in may or june when darin and i come to go hiking with you guys!!!

mattbeatty said...

Awesome Dad--thanks for posting about this! We were so glad to have you, and it was all really fun. Thanks for posting the pictures and the video. Now you'll need to upload them all to the mysteriously-renewed beattyphotos Flickr account, so we can download them! Love you.

mattbeatty said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention anything about the pregnant kitty. She's adorable and beautiful. Dad, I think it's amazing how over time you became so much more endeared to cats--it didn't always used to be that way!

I wish we could have one of those sweet kittens. Keep them safe and warm!

AdieSpringB said...

ummm.....bella's hand during the circle part.....frantically doing it's routine. SO CUTE.

Dad I want to see hundreds more pics! Thanks for posting this....

Maybe find a little area near your house that's dry (like behind the house or shed?) and put some old towels and blankets there and maybe she will have the babies there....but it has to be a dry sheltered little spot.

LOVE YOU