Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Easter basket episode



Well, thought I’d check in and display another short Beatty video. In this one, the kids are looking for their Easter Baskets, and Mikie still has his to find. Many times that was the case. We would kid him about it. In the video he is just finding the basket and doesn’t like the fact that he was finally helped since the hunt was going on and on. Anyway Susan gives him a big hug and he carries on. (wish I could get one of those squeezes) Then Addie and Heather in the kitchen in the final minute. Addie had such a beautiful smile and she remarked about something that I never did figure. So far as I watch these videos, Adrienne, who was always the most dramatic of the youngins, is very laid back and unnoticed and sweet. She always seemed to be more understanding about things.(Maybe I’m dreaming) Of course, there are many more videos and moments to watch. As I watched this one, I felt bad because I jumped on Matt for something he said during this segment. That’s never fun when you hear yourself getting even the least angry at one of your kids, even though it probably happened regularly. Susan got all the Easter baskets for the kids, as she usually did. This particular year she got a basket for Larry who lived alone down the street. So nice of her--she has a huge heart. Hey; I bought a gallon container of dill pickles a few days ago and today they all are gone--Joey(just thought I’d throw that in). So life has been going really good. The only real interruption to my enjoyment is work. It gets in the way. Mikie says ‘just quit’. Maybe I outta. No, too many bills. He hates that term too. Says you can live life without bills somehow. That rascal. I have been considering a change though. There’s a printer on Sunrise that I may try to get on with. Matt you know of them; Color Press. Ah, I’m all talk. But someday I’ll surprise you. Well, pork chops are a cooking and I should finish up here. Hope all is well with you guys Matt and Amy and fam., Mikie, Addie/Art.
I love you all.

4 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

That's such a cute video. I like the tradition of the Easter bunny hiding the basket. Who ever thought that one up? In my family we always had both couch's lined up with our baskets in birth order, with our new easter clothes hanging behind them. We have taken on the tradition of hiding the baskets. The kids like it more and more each year. Don't worry Mikie the kids always need our help. We do however hang the kids Easter clothes on the couch and the few big things that wont fit in their baskets like coloring books. Thats because their baskets are sooo small. They get very little candy and that's all that will fit in there. Papa we are so Happy that you are coming to visit. We can't wait. We love you xoxo

AdieSpringB said...

Hi everybody. Geez our family is still the same. Truly. Not much has changed!
Dad, what I am remarking about is Heather's bra showing! Geez, talk about Beatty Family Highlights. This would be Dork Season for all in FULL EFFECT!
Actually, Heather looks pretty cute and norms. What year is this anyhoo?

heather said...

dad i think it's a great idea to make positive changes in your life if that's what you want to do. joseph campbell the great myth scholar says simply, follow your bliss. doors will open for you.

great video pops. it ended abruptly and i wanted to see more! it was so cute. i love the big bear hug mom gives mikie. this makes me love easter, and amy your comment about the kids searching for their baskets makes me think it would be so cute to see them do that! have mattie film it this year?!

i like how matt is always a little tiny bit sneakily bratty as a youngster. he gets these clever little biting remarks in as asides. the boys are so cute getting into their easter baskets in the family room. me and addie preparing to leave for san francisco. so fun, so many great memories!

Mikie Beatty said...

OK quotes:

Adie: "Get a load a'that."
Dad: "what about it?"

So, wow guys. nothing ever does change; every single one of us exhibit almost those same exact characteristics, just a little bit older. :) Kinda sweet, actually.