Sunday, February 17, 2008

Can we mommy, I mean daddy




First of all, where did the Joey blog go Heather? Anyway, here is a clip from our first video that we all have referred to over the years (and watched a few times)--per the title. I just wanted Amy and the kids to see it. It was and is dear to my heart and once in a while, back when watching it, I would pause the video (as I did here at the end) and look at the still of Matt with a most unforgettable expression that I always wished I had as a portrait photo of. Of course, we all googled over Mikie, but that was because he was the youngest at the time and so cute. I hope Addie, that you don't mind your roll in this part of the video. And I hope Art gets a kick out of seeing you, even if you were having a little bit of a difficult time at that moment. It was such a happy time, as were many many others. Anyway, the quality is not the best, but the DVD will be better.

5 comments:

AdieSpringB said...

oh I know what was going on in real life here..... I got in trouble, but it was Heather who was the sneaky mischief-maker! What did I do, slide down the slide or something? Heather's the one with a sly bucket full of water, just waiting for the right moment.
Weird. Matt seems EXACTLY the same as himself now to me. It's like he's always just been.... Matt. Mikie too. And Heather. And Mom.
Very weird. Helps me believe in real life true eternity RIGHT NOW.

AdieSpringB said...

Oh and PS. Matt was a real smarty pants! He's so little! But so proficient! Oh he is a dang darlin. And Mikie too, practically in a cowboy stance, legs balanced properly to hold up his dang cute little tiny body.

heather said...

so precious!!! that little face on mattie reminds me of orion!! also, when addie turns away all pouty she reminds me of bella. it is so unbelievably cute, i love that everyone is super excited to be able to hang out in a tiny plastic pool. even the big kids. mom is a teensy bit devlish too. i love how mattie keeps saying, "and me too, and me too, and me too." so adorable.

Amy Beatty said...

I can't get over how Addie reminds me of Bella. It's the craziest thing I've ever seen. I have always thought bella took after addie but after this video there is no question. Only Bella and Addie know how to flip their hair just so at that young age and walk away when the camera is on them. Little missys

Susan said...

Mattie is such an angel of a little boy, this is a famous moment captured for all time in my life. Those family videos are really something. What a life you kids gave me, I treasure every moment! Love you all, Mom