Friday, April 4, 2008

My Poetic Idol nomination



[Sorry if you've seen this posted in multiple places--I'm just really trying to get it out there!]

Some of you may know that in the past I had some success in a poetry competition.

I've been nominated again!

Since my last successes they've changed the way a poem wins. There's no single judge or team of judges doing all the work. Now the whole Artella community votes on twelve finalist poems, and the winners are based on those votes. My poem New/old (There's a Polaroid in everything) is one of those twelve finalists.

I would love it if you would participate in the voting! But don't automatically vote for mine--I want to be fair. If you can, read all twelve poems and vote for the poem you think is the real winner. If that's my poem--why thank you.

First you will need to join the Artella community by creating an account on Artella Cafe. Once you create your account, it will email you a password. When you receive the password, go log in and vote for the winning poem!

If you get a chance, please pass this information along to anyone you know who may be interested and who may have the time to do it. Voting ends May 15, at which time the winner will be chosen. Any voters I can get will help! I think there are currently only 53 total votes (as of today). The winner gets a $200 prize, along with some other stuff! So I'm excited. Please help out in the voting process. Love you all.

--- ---

If you didn't get the embedded links above, here are the links/steps to follow:

(1) Create an account here
(2) Vote for the winning poem here (you'll have to log in first)

4 comments:

Joseph Beatty said...

done!
i very did read all twelve. the others not so good as yers, yers the only relatable i-always-feel-this-way poem and so you best win. i love the ambition within thee and it makes me write words down. good luck to thoust, youst rulest.

Papa Dan said...

I still haven't received a password--is this normal. what to do??

Susan said...

I voted for your poem on Saturday, Yours was the very best. I love the site. Danny, my password was in my junk mail, Heather helped me find it. Be sure to vote.

Papa Dan said...

Yea, Matt clued me into looking in spam and there it was. Then I read and did vote (for the best one--Matt's of course) This an old comment but did you get results yet Matt??