Saturday, December 15, 2007

with bells on

happy december everyone. i always want to make this whole month as cozy and christmassy as possible. here is my placervillian update on december activities:


last weekend mom and i went on the bed and breakfast holiday tour. we got to ramble through the interiors of all these beautiful places and eat treats and even hear a bagpiper.

the combellack house on cedar ravine:


the albert shafsky house on spring street:

this is at the green toad inn in kelsey (beautiful woodsy canyon view):

the coloma country inn:

the weekend before, darin and i had a night out on the town with zack and rebecca...dressed up fancy for the holidays; we went to heyday for a glass of wine.


then mikie, rebecca and i went out for some dance club fun (this is RARE for rebecca) and our guys stayed home watching saturday night live.
mikie and i were both in grass valley with addie and her kitties for a little while. grabby likes to ride on addie's shoulders. he doesn't even jump off. used to my own crazy cats, this amazes me.
i went with dad to his work christmas party last night. he won this gift from the raffle. later we danced and danced with all his young work friends, among whom dad is somewhat of a mascot. (they love him!)

so despite my need to focus on my giant research papers due this week, and two final exams, i have still managed to fit in a little fun. as for today, though, it's writing writing writing all day. anyone have any thoughts on the QUEST FOR FORBIDDEN KNOWLEDGE IN GOTHIC FICTION???

also, a note. if you haven't seen mikie's program yet, go to http://disney.go.com/index and click on the "club penguin" option in the list on the right side. he is so adorable!

christmas cheer to all of you, and i can't wait for us all to be together!

3 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

I can't believe you got to go to all the bed and breakfast's. I want to ! thanks for all the fun pictures. Can't wait to check out Mikie's thing. Where in the world do you go clubbin in Placerville? Anyways we and having Christmas tomorrow! We can't wait. We don't want to bring the kids stuff there and back and I got something big for Matt and I need to know soon if he wants it because there is only so many days to return it or apply for the mail in rebate. We love you. Matt and I are going to Sundance with his two boss's. I'm excited and a little nervous. I think I forgot to say in my last post that Matt took me to a Iron and Wine concert at Saltair. We had such A fun time, pretty romantic to be standing there listening to the most beautiful music ever. In less than a week we will be with you all! We can't wait. By the way Joey thank you for sending your CD we love it.

heather said...

wow! you guys are doing christmas tomorrow?! make sure you post some pictures, that is pretty exciting! that means it is christmas eve right now. i am wishing you the merriest!

Susan said...

Heather I had so much fun going to all those beautiful Inn's with you. Which one was your favorite? Merry Christmas to all,