Sunday, January 27, 2008

Well, I sort of hate to write something following Jarom's misadventure with the cracked forehead and the doctor's visit, but Heather keeps asking me to post a new blog with videos.
So, here’s the deal. Lately, I’ve been trying to get my video capture project off the ground. With Mikies help showing me how easy it can be done even by one who never had much experience with the equipment, and doesn’t need to study the process like a scientist discovering quarks and leptons (learned in my last church talk) and the persistent urging of my youngest daughter, prompting me to get on the ball or she will take over, I felt I better get going. (besides I’m dying to anyway, just always have other things of busyness) Actually, just kidding abt. Heather---She is just the best at keeping track of the effort and lending her support in a project that is just her ballywag (and she doesn’t waste any time) and I will love working with her. Adrienne is always encouraging me to make it a business. Anyway, in the process of capturing my first full Beatty video, I have run into many precious moments. So I will be putting small segments on the Beatty blog site as they come up. It’s a crazy thing, but as I am working at GSL each day, I have numerous thoughts and ideas come into my head as to things to say and display. By the time I get home (usually after 6 or later) I am energy drained and just have enough time for dinner, a meeting or whatever. At least that’s my excuse. But not for long.


So here’s a couple of videos of a certain lady that is soliciting dance session with two of her boys. The boys are precious for sure. But look at their mom. She is incredibly sweet in her demeanor and is delighting her sons with her motherly attention. Who is that angel anyway?






And here's the unforgetable Joey pumkin video

13 comments:

heather said...

hooray!!! so you're really starting the project dad, and with such an unforgettable video! i truly love these beatty moments. what a wonderful wonderful thing to have these old videos and to update them and save them forever!!! thank you pops!

AdieSpringB said...

that joey thing....the gag....poor little guy, just goin on straight up reflexes, it's the natural order, to puke when you feel something that slimy!
Rad!
Thanks for posting dad!

AdieSpringB said...

dad that happens to me at work too. Well especially it used to. I would think of all these great ideas, and by the time I got home.... I can't remember one of them! I started keeping a tiny note pad and writing them down. It helps alot if you make yourself do it!
At my work now, usually I have to be so busy, I don't have time to think, period. Weird.

mattbeatty said...

Excellent videos, Dad. And glad you're posting at all! Keep them coming. Soon enough there'll be a Beatty family DVD out!

Amy Beatty said...

I would love a Beatty family DVD. I'm so glad you know how to do this and that you post it for us all. They are the best. I love Nana the most. She is so beautiful and seems so completely happy. Motherhood is what Nana does best. Love you Papa xoxo

Mikie Beatty said...

dad, adie, I do believe that inexplicable failure to concentrate while at work can also be referred to as: Dreaming. I do it and you do it too, and whether we want to admit it or not, it's what keeps us all alive. My friend Jill once told me this, "Mikie, the best thing about a pizza delivery job is that it makes you dream the hardest". Well, not verbatim, but she makes a very valid point. So I sat in my car with pizza smells and dreamed all day about moving to LA...and now here I am. Trial and error.

Mikie Beatty said...

oh and by the way dad, as I told you already over the phone, this blog kicks massive patootie.

AdieSpringB said...

mikie i miss you.

AdieSpringB said...

oh, and .... mikie, it has been snowing ALL day here! My work even closed tonight! Guess I shall be dreamin at home tonight!

I need to call you asap. will do.

Papa Dan said...

I cannot watch the Joey segment without cracking up every time. So cute. Nice comment Adie about it being the natural order.

heather said...

beatty family dvd is coming right up! there is going to be a whole set of full dvd copies of the tapes and then, there's going to be my baby! BEST OF BEATTY! a whole dvd of perfect gems of moments like these. mikie and dad, i need your help. love you all!

Susan said...

Thanks so much for posting these Danny, we had some fun times and great traditions with the kids...How I loved being their mom, and enjoyed their young years!

mattbeatty said...

You still are our mom, Mom! And younger years last forever . . .