Monday, September 10, 2007

hApPy BiRtHdAy tO yOu

Here's the rules:
It's Adie's Birthday. So in honour of this momentous 30-ish'th occasion, we must all declare our celebrations via this Beatty Family Blogspot, as soon as you read this!! Got it?!

here's Mine:
Adie it's yer birthday
there culdn be a worser day
than knowin that yer birthday
was spended all alone.

An' so on this yer birthday
across the states's waterways
I sing yew happy birthday
over the cellar phone.

So when ya read this poem
j'st pretend y'hear ma voice
all a-singin' and a groanin'
with a smile on ma face,
a-singin':

"Happy doo, a-happy day
mer sister wuz a-born today
she run arounded all the places
livin' lovin' all the faces
singin' teachin' makin' sounds,
workin' jobs she barely found,
Now she's somethin thirty-like,
actin like'n ageless tike
I do love my Adie sister
Hope yer birthdar is a twister!"

lUV Mikie

6 comments:

heather said...

does it have to be off the top of our heads?

okay here goes.

addie you're the cutest thing
that i have ever seen
so friggin cute in fact
that i'm poo-peeing

you get all tickled pink
when people laugh at you
and you start to get real nervous
even tho you're 32

32 32 32 32
what a bizzare and wondrous thing it is
to look 22 and be 32
and be as wriggly wrigs as you!

AdieSpringB said...

wriggly squiggly! I'll show you wriggly! You guys are awesome!!!! I love you. I just found 186 pictures of Orion on Matt's flickr page. I never knew. I am crying Orion is killing me. I MUST see those children including Matt and Amy. It was so lovely to see Fose, Heather, and Mikie last night- tho shortlived, quite exciting. I love my family more than anything, and more and more all the time. really. I cry about it, it sucks. Crying for just because you love your family so damn much. geez! I appreciate all your phone calls more than you could EVER know. Matt, Mikie, mom, dad, Joey (during my birthday morning crisis)

thank you for your sweet kind comical love.

AdieSpringB said...

oh, and Heather's call. In the nick of time right after mom's at 8:18 this morning.

love you.

Papa Dan said...

Addie Addie, I missed my chance
A call from me you didn't get
I thought of you a real lot
even viewed you on a video tape
when you were just a tot
You were the cutest girl
always showing off so sweet

I think I know what I will do
even though it's one day late
You can tell I'm such a poet
I'm going to call you up right now
and to you sing that novel song
yea, that's it, I'll have repent
And pretend I didn't blow it.

Papa Dan said...

Oh boy, Happy Birthday sweetie

mattbeatty said...

Dad, I loved that poem. Free verse too. You should do it more often, who knows what skill you may uncover! This is a great idea for Adie's birthday. I, however, am feeling less-than-inspired and so won't post a poem/greeting/snippet whatever till later. Happy birthday Adrienne.