Sunday, January 21, 2007

on the road again

yet here I sit still. I went up to the hills today, and walked in the sun. There was a lot to see, and I couldn't really contain myself. I had to stand against the wind and watch my shadow feeling the gusts coldly blowing against my sleeveless arms. I had to pick a "peak" and hike my best towards that distant destination, grooving on passed the cut-grass sport fields, the dirty-rocken steep paths, and finally meeting up with my giant trees. No sooner had I settled to suck up the view than a pretty nymph of the school and forest comes hopping down next to me, knowing my name, sparking a little conversation. Her prettiness did not totally distract me from the peak I had reached, yet I was strangely interested in her newness, next to me, and the feeling of unexpected familiar that was in her eyes. Alyssa, was her name. I enjoyed what I could discover from her, and left her there as some part of my peak I hadn't anticipated - the parts of the peak we only imagine or don't even think up until they come prancing into our lives, surpassing any expected circumstance. Well I left her, with her fellow boys and girls nymphs, and made my way back down the mountaineous hills towards my black hatchbacked wagon. I swung around the sport fields this time, admiring what lay against the western horizon and the landmarking other peaks of the distant low mountains that loom atop my everydays. I looked at that mountain, those mini towers adorning its semi-flat tops, and decided 'I will go there next'. And I tried, only to be distracted by the ocean calling for a different journey. Only to be distracted by a chance meeting with Daniel on the roads, calling my heart into yet another journey which took high'st priority and became the rest of my day into the evening. But that flat-tops peak I'll see someday soon again. I'll be there, standing, and look back at my sport fields spot, smiling. Tonight, instead, I'll go to sleep and rest my life before pulling up these roots and baring my crossed arms before the icy blasts of another heated day of work. I love every second of this. I don't ever want to forget it.

Night, and much love.
I'll marry someday

*Mikie

No comments: