Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sundezvous

It's the winter. And the weird, inevitable occurrences that come with the cold months every year, but every year I find myself wondering whether or not I will make it through all of this; the summer remains an impossible glint only flickering around the edges of our imaginations.

and summer is a long way off.. but there is sunshine now.
and so I have a proposal:

I know not all of you are working all that often.
I also know that each of us struggles financially every day.
Third, I know you all miss summertime and the weightless cares of it as much as I.

With those things planted firmly in mind, here's my suggested idea:

Let's have a family rendezvous.

I mean, a gathering of all the powers of Us, in one location, where we can spend a day or two hashing out the realities of beauty and life, replenishing our withering winter spirits.

Let's start with Who,
Who's Included:
Those who know who they are. I avoid listing names, because I trust that chances are if you're reading this then you're already invited. Particularly, I'd like this not to be limited only to the Beatty Family, since there are so many more wonderful people in Placerville and Santa Cruz, etc, that I would like to attend. Our family is no longer bound by name.

When:
March or April. The dates are up for discussion, but there would be adequate time for us all to gather a couple days off from work (and $5-10 in gas).

Where:
Sunny Southern California. I know it seems biased, since I am living here, but you guys don't really know how many cool things there are to do and see. So much art and movie-making and love. And it's my birthday next week, so I thought it would be nice if you guys came to visit my part of the world for once.

How:
7 hours of driving. 2 days. 15 bucks a piece. 2 cars.
1 house to stay at. As many people as can fit.

What say you guys? Who's with me? Let's hearken the summer back, help whip the world faster towards the Sun in its annual journey around the Solar System?

-Migs





7 comments:

thewoodenroad said...

i think this sounds like a good idea.

a monday/tuesday would be great for me.

mikie are you coming up at all next weekend for your bday?

AdieSpringB said...

I am IN. And since soon enough, I will be jobless......anytime is good!

Mikie Beatty said...

Joseph, about the birthday:
one reason I was suggesting this trip is because I no longer have the funds to travel statewide to visit you guys (traveling to P-ville solo usually costs me about $200-250 round trip).
So I was hoping that some peeps wouldn't mind meeting halfway, or going in together on a meeting, especially with regards to the birthday. This would be a birthday present to me, of sorts! But no, I won't be coming up there for my birthday. I have no more money. :-(

moonshinejunkyard said...

joey, i can make a so-cal trip with you on a monday/tues. we'd love to visit you migs! addie and i were talking about coming down the last weekend in march but that's doniella's big birthday fest, so maybe sooner? also darin wants to visit dave; so so sooo much fun can ensue. i can visualize the possibilities and they're grand.

Papa Dan said...

I would like to go too(that is unless you guys want it to be only a kids thing, and that would be OK). Mikie, where would be a good place to stay?? So let's plan it.

Mikie Beatty said...

you can stay at my place! I have tons of room.

mattbeatty said...

do distant utahns count? keep us posted on travel plans and arrangements, always!