Thursday, March 25, 2010

Where to, kids?

Beloved Beats! I know we are pretty crazy busy- hence no further much discussion on our Annual Beatty Wildernessfest thus far. I want to help change that. Heather and Dad and I are gonna try to make some real life contact with our loved ones this upcoming week (when we go and see Mikie in LA!)...and in April (when we go and see the Rampant Beattys in their new house in Provo!)....but nevertheless, I miss the heck out of ALL OF US TOGETHER!!!!! Don't you remember my apology blog for being such a ROYAL BRAT at Glacier last summer....see "Planning in Advance" below. I really am starting to crave some togetherness. We can't forget about SOME kind of family camping extravaganza this year!!!? C'mon, someone get us excited! Give me a lead and I will!!! I realize perhaps it's an off-year as far as traveling far, far away :( (though you could convince me otherwise!)....but where to then?

I have heard rumours of:
Sequoia/ Kings Canyon
Twin Lakes
Lost Coast

and in my veins I myself long for
Moab
Havasu
Havasu



ANYONE?
Also, please don't forsake our family blog forever!!! It makes for selflessness and family connection.......

Some inspiration.




















3 comments:

moonshinejunkyard said...

i've been thinking about this all day. and i've got some ideas. i need to make some calls. here is my question: mikie, wasn't it you who originally suggested sequoia/kings canyon national park? what do you know about these places? you should post a blog telling us the benefits of camping/hiking/traversing therein. secondly, matt and amy, when is the smith family camping trip and is it possible for you guys to do two this year? also, what about a fall rendezvous? in moab/four corners area? those that can make it?

Amy Beatty said...

I really want lost coast but will do any of them for I know we will end up doing everything we ever want to in our long lives together, so I'm not too worried expect for the fact WE DO NEED TO PLAN IT__NOW! That way no one gets left behind, and we can save and plan to the fullest!!! And yes lets do that fall trip. Glad you guys are not doing it so soon because I think fall would be better for us--yes, it's true. I only think about me and my little family, worried that we might get left behind out here in our lone desert. I bet mikie might feel the same way in his lone city. Heaver- we should totally do a day in moab when you are here. Matt has been dying to GO and me too since I'm still reading Desert solitude- which I'm LOVING. I'm thinking we should go rafting. My family is also doing two camping trips this year and one is right in good old Placerville. Matt and I want to raft the American with yours and mine truly. Should be totally easy with the two family's splitting the cost and with Matt and Mikie as our amazing guides!!! We should do two days. Any who, lets plan. My family camping trip in Placerville is june 14-18. Matt and I won't stay the whole week since it's a monday through friday. We will either come the weekend before and leave early or come in the middle and stay for that weekend. Or if we are doing well I will stay the whole time and matt will fly and if we are doing really well matt will stay the whole time. Lets see, what else can I go on and on about. lets plan this already!!!!!!!!!! WHO's not excited-art?!

Papa Dan said...

I AM EXCITED!!!Addie, that blog and the pics along with the comments from Heather and Amy (I am so excited that I cannot type without making mustaakes; nothing new) and the weather being beautiful today has totally gotten to me too and I am up for any of those great ideas. Amy's listings are soo promising. I have time so I will check into Sequoias too and I am up for the lost coast if we decide that and don't worry about me because like last year I will make some adjustments and let you youngins hike your hearts out. So I agree, lets start a calendar (June 14-18 is the first entry-Smiths dates) and get moving. Like Addie said we will consult with the Mikie while we visit starting Mon. (and maybe even take a suggestions calendar with us). Yippee