Friday, May 21, 2010

Birthday gal with pink feather and all.

The kids are having so much fun RIGHT NOW!!! Bella came home from school and asked when she is going to have a real party? I said - I don't know? She came up with a brilliant plan. WE should have the party today, with the slip and slide and invite everyone I know!!!!! I said, OK. Go across the street and get Briannie. So EVERYONE is here. I have heard Bella say- this is the best party ever.

Little miss is a little afraid of all the fun to be had

Oey has made his claim on the little spiderman pool at the end

Jumping over how cool it is

Getting brave

Jarom has been the leader of course. Our hose doesn't fit the slip in slide so jarom has been master of the flow. Likes to surprise them - high water, low water, oey does not like this. It has been good though. They have had to use team work to have fun and hold the hose in for each other.

This is for Adie. Jarom has been over the moon for his little plants. He was so worried about them the whole time we were gone. Who's going to water them? The very first thing he does when he gets home from school is go straight to his plants. He is so in love with them. It's really cute.

Thanks again for the awesome gifts. I can tell this is what we are going to be doing all summer. I can hear them now. They have made up several games already. Jumping off tables to slip and slide. Rolling a huge ball down the slip and slide- like bowling. Jarom has got grand prizes for the winners. A nice glimpse of my summer to come. One week and counting!

5 comments:

moonshinejunkyard said...

amy this is so fun and adorable. i am laughing with glee over it. i just told darin, "i can't believe they love it so much and it is just this cheap little thing i got at tj maxx." and he goes, "um, don't you remember slip and slides? they were like the greatest thing in the WORLD. it would be like, why don't my parents let me do this all the TIME?!" it did make me remember how fun they can be, but best of all is the creative games that your kids are coming up with! i love it! and i am so so so glad i got this for them. now i have to say, i'm quite jealous of those bathing suits and that sunshine. we are having gray rainy day after gray rainy day around here! i'm in a jumper, knee socks, and long sleeve shirt today. ugh!!! i want slip-n-slide weather. my pool is sitting there completely unused since i put it up. so sad. and it's going until the end of may for sure...what the?!!

so when are you guys coming? are you coming here before you join your fam in yosemite? i'm so excited. we'll have to plan some fun excursions. oh, and i have a special question...do you think the kids would want to model some vintage kid stuff for my etsy? i have six items i want to try and sell.

can't wait! i want to kiss them and love them each. cute jarom with his plants! this is all killing me. i love you all.

moonshinejunkyard said...

oh one more thing...i just realized BELLA IS WEARING THE PINK FEATHER ON THE SLIP N SLIDE. WWOOOWWWW. that is the cutest thing ever in the whole wide world. oh that and oey jumping and jarom with his plants. love love love love love times a million.

Amy Beatty said...

Round two is now going on with more friends. This time Briannes older brother. Now its jaroms favorite day ever!!! And yes, they can model for you, just don't know how good they will be. worth a try though. Me and the kids are coming early. poor matt. We will probably come around Fathers Day, maybe a little later. Depends, on matt. I want to be with him on fathers day. Just don't know how many flights we can afford... I will let you know the dates as soon as I know. I'm way excited though!!!!!

AdieSpringB said...

Oh my gosh! Jarom my soulmate! I check my seeds every day too. Only one of my lupine flower seeds came up, but I am so proud of it. (can you blame the little guys?...it's been 32 degrees at night!!) Tell Jarom that I read an article that says that the more you think about your plants the better they grow! They did a test.....on a blade of grass. The one everyone thought about and went to see the most grew like 300% better than the others. I forget where I read this....but I believe it.

At the nurseries, or Home Depot or whatever....I always bring home the sad looking plants. Gardening websites and books tell you to look for the healthiest ones...but I bring home the sickly ones and then bring them to health! It totally works. I bought an azalea that was somewhat brown and all the leaves were curling and falling off. I read that it was just given too much water...so I repotted it, let it dry out, gave it some fertilizer...and WALLA! The prettiest pink flowers in Pollock pines!

I can't wait to see your fam. And slip n slide with em! We can buy another slip and slide and connect them in Heather's backyard perhaps! If it ever warms up.

PS. I love how Bella is ready for a party any day. When you come here I wanna have a cupcake party!

mattbeatty said...

there's lots of talk of parties and plants and modeling and i love it all! can't wait to see you guys in the hometown, and know that it will be hotsunny soon (okay, except for today, maybe). awesome blog amy, wish I were there.