Wednesday, September 23, 2009

fall-cleaning

I love the beattyblog. I miss it when I don't post anything here. So....here's my excuse to post something today.

Yesterday to celebrate the first day of fall darin and i spent basically all day CLEANING OUT THE GARAGE.


there is family stuff in there to beat the band. large plastic bins upon more large plastic bins full of all kinds of sweet surprises. for example, i found joey's baby book and looked through it. there was a letter that mom wrote to him when he was five and a half months old. she told about how scared she and dad were when he had to have hernia surgery as a newborn and how he was the light of all our lives and how he would be a grown man sooner than anyone could imagine. and here it is, that time has come. strange to think.

there's a lot of fun stuff in there too. anyone need sporting equipment? halloween costumes? we got 'em....
but really, folks. let's have a big garage sale. darin and i now have a neat and LARGE pile of give-away stuff. if you have anything to get rid of now is the time. i'm hoping to have a massive sale in mid-october. let's simplify our lives!

4 comments:

Papa Dan said...

Hey I'm game for the sidewalk sale--I'll have a few things and Art and Adie will probably have some stuff. BTW those big cardboard items or cartons you were holding in your hands in the first picture-If you haven't already don't toss them--I will take them(use them for auto oil changes, etc)--It's funny I used to have access to any size box and almost as many as I wanted--times have changed--Just like Joey growing into a man. Another beautiful part of life.

Amy Beatty said...

This is what Matt and I need to do!!! Do you just love your clean garage? Wish I had a garage, that sounds more fun to clean out then our scary back room closet.

moonshinejunkyard said...

yes, it was so satisfying. now it is almost empty and ALL SWEPT AND CLEAN! feels so good. there was rat poop in there and something had made a nest in my box of keepsakes by shredding up old newspapers and a ziggy graduation doll. scary and so so gross. anyway it is all organized and stored better now.

dad, i have all that cardboard right on my driveway! i'm gonna call you right now and tell you that you can come get all you want! happy about that. the more i get rid of the stuff, the better!

Hoodoo Voodoo said...

I cant believe you started AND COMPLETED such a haunting and horrible task! But Im sure it's so worth it! I cant wait to come over and see it. Have you shown the kitties?! Gup will want to claim it. And just imagine Sylvan's reaction!! He can actually hang out in there while he watches the doors and the springs! His dream come true! And Im totally up for the garage sale!!! YAY FOR FALL!!