Saturday, May 2, 2009

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!

And I want to go back to this little cafe near Babb! The Two Sisters. I can't forget late August 1997 when Chris and I just got fresh into Montana out of Canada and drove up to this sight, on the east side of Glacier......coin showers and a cafe and friendly niceys. I remember some handsome fellow out in front of it singin' "Take me down little Susie take me down, I know you think you're the queen of the underground, send me dead flowers every morning, send me dead flowers by the mail, send me dead flowers to my wedding, ........and I won't forget to put roses on your grave"
I don't know why, but it stands out so much in my mind. I think Chris said that the guy had a bit of a crush on me or something and that was such a strange feeling during that time of my life cause I thought Chris was the end-all-be-all-of-all-guys-forever and yet I had no wedding ring. ( I say that not to be bizarre but because I remember the singin' fellow asking me about my left hand)



Also, I caught the ONLY kind of trout you are not allowed to keep at Glacier National Park. It's called the Bull Trout. That was fine with me, I gave it back to the river. I caught it using a grasshopper! I had a lot more nerve back then, I tell ya.



I am so excited to go back. The place haunts me. I really like God alot.

4 comments:

Joseph Beatty said...

SUPER into this aid.

also im stoked that youre stoked.

lately ive really wanted to go fishing. give them back. but also, somehow im drawn to grilling trout. i need to not. but i want to fish maybe. im searching myself whether or not i ever will.

heather said...

can't wait to go to Two Sisters...I've been dreaming of that place ever since you told me about it from the road all those years ago!

Hoodoo Voodoo said...

This trip is choking me up bad. I cant wait. BREATHTAKING SCENERY, CREATURES GALORE! Singing in the car, stopping so Heather can get Diet Cokes, or so Darin can get good camera angles and shots, or so joey can pee (every 2 minutes), etc, etc, etc. AND I CANT BELIEVE THAT CAFE! Thats just the sort of thing I want to open here in pville.

mattbeatty said...

excitement.