Friday, May 29, 2009

Cemetery on Mon. Uncle Mickey on Wed-(Tues??)

I hate to push the handsome picture of Jarom down, but I just had a few pictures that tell what I've been doing the earlier part of this week.



Well, here is Stephanie gravesite. Just abt. 30 yards from her Grandpa Stephen. (that sounds weird) I wish I hadn't put the flowers where I did because it shows her day/year of passing. Oh well I'll take another sometime.


This memorial is on the north side of White Rock Rd in a little dip just before turning left onto Scott Rd. (going East) Matt you probably have seen this or an older one. The family has changed it numerous times since I've been driving by. I always slow down to look at her and think about the family who still grieve enough to keep it up to date. I tried once to find out about an accident that may have occurred here but to no avail. As you can see Sherri was her name. My great neice, Stephanie, (above) met this fate.

Now here's an important one. These things are on the lower lines (either phone or cable) all over. Anyone know what purpose they serve. They can't be weights because they look too light. Maybe the keep the line from twisting say with exposure to elements. Anyone, anyone........Could check online I guess. Bugs me

Monday,at the cemetery--Stephen's grave




Wednesday 5/27
Interacting with the elderly. Guess I better getused to it. Naaa! Anyway here's Uncle Mickey in Denny's--kind of skinny; doesn't eat much he says--he's 89


Arden, Mickey and me in Denny's in Galt

Some cool solar panels on the way home on Grant line Rd.
Wish I knew how to move the pictures around somehow.(These are all out of order). It would save time and not take so much effort to upload photos in the finished order. Any thoughts.

7 comments:

Papa Dan said...

thank you Adie for helping me with some HTML problems in order to publish this blog. And for educating me as to what to do next time if problems occur. It's funny how now you know how to rebuild an auto engine (well, change the alternator anyway)and service computers with problems, virus's, html's, etc.etc.
You have always been fantastically capable (playing the piano on the video at Vista Ave comes to mind)and I love you!!

mattbeatty said...

Dad--I think it's great that you went to visit your brother's grave with Grandma. Do you two do that every year? And Stephanie's grave too.

I saw a lot along that White Rock Rd route, so I'm sure I saw this memorial before. Though it's been so long it's hard to remember . . . it is very sweet and touching that a family still adorns that spot with her memory.

Don't know what those things on the powerlines are, but they look like they help with the aerodynamics of the powerline during high winds, keeping them even and horizontal, kind of riding the wind. That's my guess.

I like the solar panels. I look forward to installing some of my own someday! Like you did at the Roosevelt house.

moonshinejunkyard said...

very nice activities pops and i love that you are taking pictures of everything, a la mikie. grandma looks so cute in the pictures and i am so glad you got to take her. love you!

moonshinejunkyard said...

also i forgot to say that uncle mickey actually looks pretty darn good! i like how solemn he seems in the pictures, at denny's of all places. he is a handsome old dude. bet it was fun to talk to him!

Joseph Beatty said...

sweet job loving the camera daddyo. i cant help you with the powerline accessory, as you know, altho i might be able to fix it, since im so 'mechanically savvy' right...?? grandma looks so good, its incredible. what a life. she amazes me whenever i think about her. i love that you guys do these kinds of things together. you must be so happy to have such a truly strong relationship with yer mama.

solar energy is the way of the future! other than an ice age...

AdieSpringB said...

dad, i love this blog. My only regret is that I wasn't with you visiting Uncle Stephen's grave OR Uncle Mickey. I'm sure I had something I thought was important, like GARDENING??? Anyhoo, please call me everytime you go visit Grandma on Fridays and every time you might visit other fam. I know you always make it known and I am always busy, but one of these days I am coming along dang it!!!

Love you. This blog is so sweet. I want to interact with the elderly too!

Susan said...

What a wonderful way to spend Memorial Day Danny! Glad you could be with family.