Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Saying Good-Bye to the Great Horned Owl

New Year's Eve day, we had Stormy's funeral in the backyard. 905 Darlington, site of many sweet souls who have gone to rest. Bella took it very seriously, wearing this flower garland for the procession and during the slideshow I made she turned to me and solemnly said, "that almost made me cry." She is a wise and sensitive little spirit, that's for sure. Jarom also helped a lot, wanting to do a lot of digging (it was so cute how he'd place his foot on the edge of the shovel and kick kick kick rapidly with great vigor) and telling how much he loved Stormy and would miss him, and even throwing in some kitty treats for the afterlife.

Good-bye to Stormy, as Emily has so lovingly described him, our gracious and good big boy full of love. I can't believe we have had to say good-bye to him, and that I only have four cats now. It breaks my heart that Cleo will never snuggle again.


The helpers.

Bird, bone, pine needle, light.
The forever cycle.
Thanks for being here with us, Utahn Beattys, and for keeping the energy high and the spirit jolly. That's how Stormy would have wanted it....love and happiness all around.

3 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

Good pictures Heather!! I'm so glad we got to be there. Our great horned owl-baby over the shoulder will surely be missed. You need to post your movie too. I loved it!

AdieSpringB said...

Wish I had been there. Stormy is the most kindest soul. I love you Stormy.

Hoodoo Voodoo said...

yea heather!! Post the movie!