Tuesday, September 9, 2008

HER PARTY!!!!

Addie came early to prepare the house for her own party and also to make homemade vegetarian sushi rolls. She put up blue streamers and Art and Stan and Darin made up a stage in the living room and put up lights and a speaker system.
I made a big tofu curry and basmati rice.

Mom came with fresh watermelon and a blackberry pie.
Jan showed up with a fresh cucumber salad from her garden and a bottle of wine.It didn't take long for things to start getting crazy. as you can see, Art and Fofe are in love.Handsome husbands.Our new ping-pong table! It cost $5 at the yard sale next door. Stanny beat everyone.Karaoke starts up. Addie put on a nice show, she is kind of pro at this (especially compared to me). You know when addie busts out the glitter pants there are good things to come. Here are us girls singing "How do I get you alone?" by Heart. We had to improvise the lyrics because it wasn't a real karaoke CD. we did pretty darn good I have to say.

A happy audience member.More audience shots. you can tell by everyone's faces that KARAOKE IS A HIT.Now for the real hit: Artie. quite a performer. you may not realize that THIS GUY CAN SING. naturally, art rocks.

Mom and Jan dancing to Art's song. I think it was "heartbreak hotel."

Jamie and Ida dancing in the kitchen. They were SO into this whole karaoke thing. it was really cute to see them so excited about it all. born entertainers.
more dancing and hips swayin.

jordan and becky are the cutest couple!

Another surprise hit: Zack. He wrote and performed his own song about Christ. It was amazing. During the instrumental interludes he would simply sit calmly down on the "stage."

LOVING.
Appreciative audience, please note: Scott Urqhart in the background. A real nice kid.
This duo kept pumping them out. I believe they are singing "truly madly deeply" by savage garden here.
This is my favorite picture of all the boys. but where was darin???


Things are getting wilder and wilder. How the police never showed up I'll never know. My neighbors must officially hate me. I am reading William Bradford's account of Plymouth plantation and they had some unruly neighbors at a location called Merrymount. A group of maypole dancing freaks totally out of line with the good old puritans. I think we are the new Merrymount.

I look deceptively sweet and innocent here. Wish I could remember what I was singing. Dixie Chicks? Billy Joel? Some song I didn't even know? Birthday girl and the momma.Opening presents from mom. I love how they look like they are trying to convince her of something.Pie Cake time. Joey and Stan having a moment. It was also a farewell party for Stanny's last night in town. Now he is in France, lucky duck, and we miss him!Phil getting lucky with some lady friends of mine. These girls (Ashley and Tara) kept singing country songs all night long. Last picture of the night. Lord knows what's going on here. Art was being pretty hilarious apparently, which is no surprise if you saw him that night. Addie too for that matter. I think it was a pretty fine way to ring in the big 33rd b'day. Addie and i hiked down to my favorite river spot in swansboro the next day (no need to explain why i look so hideous). unfortunately it was totally shaded and freezing by the time we got there, and my Home Companion magazine went floating down river accidentally. other than that we enjoyed the beauty of this place that i am still determined to visit a few more times before it turns truly fallish.


It was an unforgettable night. There are a couple videos i might post in a separate post.







5 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

HOly camoly!!!I'm so wishing you had some videos with this post. Looks like everyone had a grand ole time.

AdieSpringB said...

Heather. Congrats for accomplishing the hugest, raddest, nicest-blog-to-me ever........THANK YOU HONEY BUNN I love you bun you are the best sis in the world.... and soooooon.....to be thirty dos.

SISTERS RULZ that includes Amy Emma Candice......

AdieSpringB said...

oh .....and finally......the good ol' podnah in the sky must be tryin to help me out here.....
some decent photos of meself. Thanks for not posting the super uggs ones dahlin.

mattbeatty said...

This is one party I can't believe we missed. Hilarious and wonderful craziness in one.

Zack wrote a song about Christ? WHAT? Weirdy. I think we need to hear it.

Good call on Merrymount Heather. I love that story. It's so strange and kind of stupid, those intolerant fools! Poor Thomas Morton and all. A funny story to me.

Wish I could see Art in action.

heather said...

Rebecca said she's going to make me a rad sign to go out front that says Merrymount, it is just too perfect. Along those lines, Zack's song is sort of a satire about christian rock. and i am talking, it ROCKS> out of control. i have a video of it but it is a little too long and crazy to post here. maybe he'll do an impromtu version at the wedding, can't wait. i plan to dance all night!